Can emergency dinners be so yummy that you plan to have emergencies? Sure! 😀
While you may not have all the ingredients on hand for this one in a genuine emergency, if you are heading to the shop for ingredients and have no clue what to make, this is fast, (ridiculously fast!) and delicious.
If you prefer fresh vegetables over frozen; chat potatoes, corn on the cob or a bag of washed salad as a side are no-preparation options.
For the veal and sauce you need:
- Veal steaks
- Olive oil (or whatever oil you cook with normally)
- 1 cup (250ml) of cream (don’t get low fat: this is no time to think of your arteries)
- 3 teaspoons of seeded mustard (or to taste)
Here are the so too fast and easy directions:
- Heat a little oil in a heavy based frying pan to a high heat, and cook one side of the veal . I normally reduce the heat and put a timer on for three minutes because I don’t have a multi-tasking bone in my body, but cook yours to your preference. While it’s cooking, randomly flick a few teaspoons of seeded mustard over your veal.
- Turn the meat over, cook for further three minutes.
- Turn off the heat, pour in cream and stir around the pan to blend the flavours. (The heat from the pan will warm the cream sufficiently, there is no need to “cook” it. Cream that has boiled will separate and look nasty.)
That’s it! Serve with vegetables or a side salad.
This week, spend too much time reading, at the park, out for a walk, or whatever it is you love most, and try this one out.