Quick for lunch, as a side, or as a main meal to satisfy your raw-foodie-cum-vegetarian inner health freak.
- Chinese (wombok) cabbage shredded and washed
- almonds, flaked or slivered, toasted or not
- packet of crunchy noodles
- half a finely chopped red (salad) onion, or 6 shallots (spring onions)
- sesame and poppy seeds (optional, but I like them)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- Pour oil, honey, vinegar, soy, and sesame oil into a screw top jar, and shake.
- Mix onions/shallots through cabbage
- Sprinkle nuts and seeds over cabbage
- Add noodles and pour dressing over to serve
For a heartier version or use in an emergency dinner situation, add stir fried or BBQ chicken.