It sounds odd. There’s no obvious sweetener, but this recipe does work well, taste delicious, and it’s easy! It can be made as a slice for morning tea, or served in individual ramekins for dessert.
- Packet cake mix (any plain sort, butter or madeira, etc)
- 95 gm butter
- 1 x tin of pie apples
- 1 x 300ml sour cream
- I egg
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Rub the butter through the cake mix to achieve a crumbly texture, press into the bottom of greased tray or ramekins.
- Bake for 10 mins at 190 c
- Allow to cool, then spread apples over cake base.
- Mix sour cream and egg.
- Poor over apple layer, sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake for 25 mins more. Serve cold.