Perfect after dinner with coffee or as a gift for someone special, these handcrafted truffles are the epitome of chocolate indulgence.
You will need:
- 400 grams of quality dark chocolate
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 x 400gm tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 x 200gm packet of crushed nuts
- 125 grams roasted hazelnuts for centre (optional)*
- 300 grams extra chocolate to coat (milk or dark, depending on preference)
- Melt chocolate by preferred method (over steam or in the microwave)
- Add butter and condensed milk, mix.
- Allow to chill until a manageable consistency.
- Form into balls (a 1/2 tbls measure is a perfect size) and press nut into centre.
- Roll in crushed nuts.
- Dip in melted chocolate, place on trays lined with baking paper.**
- Place in the refrigerator to cool.
*To roast hazelnuts, place on a tray in medium oven (180) for about 10-15mins, shaking occasionally. Roll in clean cloth to remove skins.
** If working in warm conditions, place trays in freezer before starting work
The recipe was created by my sister, a worthy gastronome, and will make approximately 70 truffles.