This recipe has flavour, and is quick and easy to make.
I’ve tried other versions of Leek and Potato soup, but found them too white-floury and leek-and-potato-ish. The overall effect was a little goopy and bland. This one is quite tasty!
- 3 large, or 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced.
- 2 leeks, chopped.
- 4 cups (1 litre) chicken stock
- handful of diced bacon
- optional cream and garlic
1.Cook bacon and leeks (and garlic if desired) over gentle heat, until leeks are soft. Keeping it soft means it will blend nicely, without chewy bits in your soup.
2. Add chicken stock and potatoes, bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 mins.
3. Blend until smooth, add cream to serve (or not – either way is nice!)