If your day went overtime, and you’re pressed for ideas on what to pick up on the way home to feed a crowd in a hurry, it’s hard to go past this one for easy.
- whole, cooked chicken
- 2 x 430gram cans of creamed corn
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger (I keep a jar of minced, just for such days.. )
- 2 eggs
- 2 litres of chicken stock (in a perfect world, it would be homemade. But tetra packs are great, and powdered stock will suffice if you’re desperate.)
- Heat stock and creamed corn in a saucepan.
- Discard the chicken skin, remove flesh and chop very finely. (put all the chicken on the cutting board, take your largest knife from the block, and chop like crazy while pretending you are the iron chef )
- Lightly beat eggs, then add chicken, ginger, and shallots to taste, into the egg mixture , mixing well. (this is what holds your chicken “suspended” in the soup)
- Add egg mixture to hot stock, and stir until chicken is heated.
- Serve with extra shallots to garnish.
Don’t forget to grab a crusty loaf to serve with it!