It’s simple and tasty. I am not a fan of fish normally, but found this recipe suited my fish resistant palate.
- 1kg – 1.5kg white fish fillets
- salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- finely chopped shallots (spring onions)
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lay fish in a greased baking dish, sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Combine lemon juice, zest, ginger, shallots and bay leaf, pour over fish
- Marinate at room temperature for one hour
- Top each fillet with a dot of butter and a slice of lemon
- Bake in preheated 180 c oven for 25mins.
- Spoon some of the juices over the plated fish, and serve with seasonal vegetables. Lovely!
For extra easy meal preparation, wrap potatoes, whole and scrubbed, in foil and place in oven while fish is marinating. Serve with butter or sour cream and chives.