So easy, but so delicious!
- 125gms plain, sweet biscuits, crushed
- 60gms butter, melted
- 400gm can sweetened, condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 eggs separated *
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- Combine crushed biscuits and melted butter. Press into a 23cm pie plate and chill.
- Blend together condensed milk and lemon juice, add lightly beaten egg yolks and combine well.
- Poor evenly into chilled crumb crust.
- Beat egg whites until stiff, gradually add castor sugar.
- Spoon meringue on top of filling.
- Bake in a preheated 108 degrees Celsius oven for 10 mins, until golden.
I like extra high meringue, so sometimes double this amount, keeping the egg to sugar ratio the same. The extra egg yolks are great for custard.