Served with fresh, crusty bread, and followed by a cheese platter, this salad is perfect for the warm, holiday weather. The contrasting colours and flavours lift it out of the ordinary, while still maintaining a light, refreshing aspect.
- chicken breast fillets (allow half per person)
- lettuce of your choice
- mangoes (diced or sliced, half per person)
- blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- almonds (flaked or slivered)
- continental cucumber (sliced)
- Chicken breast fillets can be cooked the night before; either poached, grilled or fried, with or without seasonings. I have used a lemon, basil and thyme seasoning mix while frying. Slice when cool.
- Toast almonds over low heat in a frying pan, allow to cool.
- Arrange salad, adding almonds just before serving to preserve crispness
- If using frozen blueberries, add just before serving, and as with any salad, it is best to add dressing when serving or allow guests to add their own.
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- lime or lemon juice
Add vinegar and juice to olive oil to taste.