Muesli desires are remarkably personal. One man’s dream muesli, is another man’s nightmare. Baulk at sultanas? Leave them out. Drool over ginger? Add extra. Your muesli experience is limited only by your imagination.
Here is a basic recipe, you can add or delete as you wish.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup powdered milk
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups chopped dried fruit of your preference
- Combine the first group of dry ingredients in a baking dish
- Mix oil, honey and water together over medium heat
- Pour warmed liquids over mixed dry ingredients
- Mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon
- Bake in a slow oven for 1 hour, stirring every 15 mins.
- Cool, then add fruit
- When completely cool, store in air tight container