This is not a recipe for light, fluffy, sweet nothings; these muffins will faithfully see you through till lunch!
The mix when made up, will last in the fridge for a couple of weeks. This means you can have fresh, warm muffins each morning without the mess and wash up you have making them from scratch.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 kg Greek yoghurt (or butter milk, or milk kefir)
- 1 cup oil (I prefer light olive or coconut)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups dried, mixed fruit (I like to add walnuts as well, but it is not essential)
- 3 cups wholemeal plain flour
- 2 cups plain flour
- 4 cups bran, processed or natural
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- Combine oats and water in a bowl and allow to cool
- throughly combine oil, sugar, eggs, and yoghurt to soaked oats
- combine ingredients for Dry mix
- using a very large bowl, thoroughly combine wet and dry mixes
- bake at 200 degrees for 20 -25 minutes, for 12 muffins
Keep mix in the fridge in a sealed container, gently stir before placing into prepared pan to bake.